Okay, when we say “grow” your own bread, it’s not what you may be thinking. You don’t need to farm a patch of land behind your RV site for wheat, build a windmill to grind it, or anything like that. Instead, this is a fun method of making fresh-baked, homemade bread. You’ll be growing (baking) the bread in a clay flower pot!
Flower Pot Bread
- Bread dough, ready-made
- 1 small clay flower pot
- Vegetable/olive oil
- Aluminum foil
- Clean out the clay flower pot. Make sure you thoroughly clean it out. It’s recommended that you use a pot that’s never actually held a plant before. Apply a generous coating of the oil of your choice, allowing it to dry. After the first coat of oil dries, apply a thick second coat.
- Clog up the hole at the bottom with a wad of aluminum foil. Then place a flat piece of foil over the wad at the bottom of the pot.
- Put your ready-made bread dough at the bottom of the pot. Leave about 1/3 of the pot as open space so the dough has room to rise. Gently brush the top of the dough with more oil.
- Place a large piece of foil over the opening of the pot, covering it completely. Tent the foil at the top to allow more space for the bread to rise.
- Place the pot directly into the hot coals of a campfire or even on top of an outdoor grill. Let the bread bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baked bread from the flower pot. Be very careful handling the pot and bread; both will be very hot! Let the bread cool completely so that the edges harden and make it easier to pull out of the flower pot.
- Slice and enjoy with your favorite foods!
Visit Gardner’s RV Center
Here at Gardner’s RV Center, we’re more than an RV dealership; we’re your home RV parts and service in Kalispell, Montana. If you have any questions about installing or using solar panels and power with your RV, just stop in and ask one of our knowledgeable RV technicians today.