Muffins are the perfect RV baked good: easy to make and store, filling, and good for breakfast or snacking. Try these banana oatmeal muffins the next time you’re set up at an RV park and have the urge to bake.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oats, dry uncooked
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use shortening to grease a 12 cup muffin pan or use paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine vanilla lowfat yogurt, egg, vegetable oil, mashed bananas, sugar, and quick oats. Whisk together til well incorporated and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Whisk together until well blended.
- Whisk the banana mixture into the flour mixture until well blended. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way with this combined mixture so they have room to rise. Bake muffins at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Visit Gardner’s RV Center